PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN APPLYING CBT, MOTIVATIONAL INTERVIEWING AND MINDFULNESS TO WEIGHT MANAGEMENT – INTERNATIONAL TRAINING
Structured step by step programme
A structured programme organised into modules that are based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness and Motivational Interviewing.
The programme provides you with worksheets and psychoeducational material to help your clients achieve lasting behaviour changes and reach their goals.
Be part of a team
After completing the certification programme you will be part of a team that is dedicated to helping their clients make lasting lifestyle changes to support their weight management using the latest psychological tools.
As part of the team, you will receive ongoing support in delivering and marketing the programme to new and existing clients.
Expand your practice
Provide a new service to your existing clients and attract new clients who are looking to make changes to their lifestyle, manage their weight, and create healthy habits.
The skills you will take away from this training will help you to provide true transformation for your clients, in a non-judgemental and supportive manner.
- Using appropriate CBT interventions to restructure dysfunctional beliefs and behaviours
- Effective communication with a client applying Motivational Interviewing skills
- Understanding how to effectively set goals for weight management
- Mindfulness and how to apply it to weight management. Learning of mindfulness exercises
- Understand habit-forming and habit changing, neuroscience and neuroplasticity
- Therapy skills to effectively interact with a client taking a person-centred approach
- Helping clients overcome ambivalence about change
- Helping clients work through emotions and how to separate emotions from food
- How to help a client strengthen self-efficacy
- How to deliver each intervention, how to review with a client, and how to plan ahead
- Theoretical background to CBT/MI/Mindfulness and research on weight loss
- Counselling skills applied to weight management
- Solution-focused and positive psychology approach
- Holistically addressing physical, emotional, mental and environmental issues
- Helping a client change habits and neuroscience of habit change
- Intake of a new client – laying the foundation – assessments and asking the right questions
- Preparing the client for change – psychoeducation & nutrition
- Goal setting for weight loss, identifying and overcoming triggers
- Mindfulness for weight management
- Emotional Eating, disordered eating
- Emotional & physical hunger, reducing episodes of binge eating
- Overcoming sabotaging thoughts and changing behaviours
- Maintenance of habit changes
- Presentations of case studies
About Susi Lodola
Susi is a fully accredited Psychotherapist with IACP in private practice. She has completed many years of study in psychology, psychotherapy, and holds a Masters in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy & Motivational Interviewing. Through her extensive studies combined with her own incredible weight loss and fitness journey, she has developed an interest in helping people achieve a healthy lifestyle and lose weight. This has led her to develop the MIND OVER BODY WEIGHT Management Programme.
Susi has also attended a 3-day workshop at the Beck Institute in Philadelphia, where she updated her skills in CBT for weight loss with the most eminent expert in the field, Dr. Judith Beck. The Beck Institute is the home of CBT and Dr. Aaron Beck was one of the founders of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
She is a regular contributor to articles in the Irish Times on various mental health issues and have also featured in the Irish Independent, Irish Daily Mail and Irish Daily Star, as well as on Matt Cooper, Today FM and Dublin City FM, and have been a contributor on “Ireland AM” on various topics around mental health.
Her interest and dedication to helping people overcome disordered eating has led to the development of a training course for health professionals, such as Psychotherapists, Nutritionists, and Health & Fitness coaches. The courses are approved by the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) for CPD hours.
The training courses available are:
2-day workshop on applying CBT & MI for weight management in clinical practice
10-week certification programme including the licence to use the Mind over Body Weight management programme